Industrial FOOTPRINT REDUCTION OPTIONS GROUP (iFROG):
A multi-sponsor collaboration aimed at industrial footprint reduction by increasing knowledge regarding environmental effects and improving practices to reduce those effects.
Road reclamation research investigating the reusability of fill material, the capacity of buried peat to revegetate, and the ability of buried peat to naturally decompress.
Canadian Oil Sands Innovation Alliance (COSIA); Alberta Innovates Technology Futures (AITF):
“Faster Forests” forest recovery monitoring program.
Agricultural Land Assessment:
Pre-disturbance baseline agricultural soils study prior to electrical transmission line and oil pipeline construction.
Parks Canada, Elk Island National Park:
Grazing exclusion research.
• Forest ecology research or research coordination, including wildlife habitat, wildfire, and vegetation studies on industrial disturbances
• Literature studies and knowledge gap analyses
• Detailed rangeland inventories on provincial grazing dispositions
• Site evaluations, reclamation assessments, site prescriptions
• Problem wildlife management studies